Here you can briefly discuss what your organization has to offer potential members.
What are your interests? Why should they join your group? Keep your description short.
Your visitors can read more about you as they browse your site.
Invited Speaker: Alain Mangion, CEO , Credinvest International*
- African market and regional overview.
- Opportunities and prevailing impediments to investment and financing
- Practical observations on establishing the required structures to facilitate
- Project management procedures.
- Pitfalls and expectations.
Credinvest International Corporate Finance has ongoing relationships with financial
institutions and investors, including collaborations with major international financial
institutions, investment banks, private equity investors and general investment funds, as
well as strategic investors.
|For further agenda, attendance, speaking or sponsorship details please write to: Info@EMEAFoum.com
|Global Macro-Economic and Financial Developments Affecting
EMEA Regions and Investments
- Analysis of economic trends and political developments for key regions, markets
- Investment capital flows between established and emerging markets and their ROI
- Investment threats and opportunities and how these will impact investors.
Speaker-panellists: Guillaume Menuet, Senior European Economist, Citigroup
Michel Martinez, Chief Europe Economist, Societe Generale
Yvan Berthoux, Macro Economist, Economic Perspectives
Ulf Schneider, Managing Partner, Schneider Group
Financial Turmoil, Regional Conflicts & New Financial
Regulation | New Political and Financial Risks for Wealth
Management Providers and Financial Services Hubs
Inv. Speakers: Deniz Misir, Founder & CEO, V22 International Advisory
- Mature EU market prospects for traditional and emerging sectors together with
more traditional investment options such as equities and commodities.
- Middle East investor prospects and concerns.
- High risk high returns? Developments & challenges in developing but politically
- The dynamics within the GCC a market with a focus on the two largest
economies - UAE and Saudi Arabia.
- Overview of the thriving yet volatile real estate, education and healthcare
sectors as the drivers to the economy.
- The challenges and opportunities within these sectors and reflect on ways that
value can be extracted in the current economic climate.
- Ways of collaboration between EMEA and Cyprus and partnership prospects.
- Futuristic evolution of these sectors and what to expect in the coming years.
Speaker: Basem Abu Dagga, CEO, Aster Global Partners, UAE
Case Study - French Pension Reserve Fund | IPE Award Winner
Speaker: Olivier Rousseau, Executive Director, French Pension Reserve Fund*
- Overview of FFR's mandate, portfolio structure and operations
- Achieving necessary returns through external asset managers
- Asset manager evaluation and selection
- De-risking through liability Driven Investing and what this entails
- FRR’s alternative investment programme
- Navigating investments in line with the UN principles of responsible
Speaker: Prof. Sergio Carfizzi, Direttore Generale, Fondo Pensione Nazionale
BCC/CRA - Italy
Professor Carfizzi,is an economics Professor, Accountant and Auditor, he collected a
strong and consolidated experience in complementary pension, leading among other
things primary institution like Complementary Pension Fund of Banco di Napoli. He
has been working for Fondo Pensione Nazionale BCC/CRA since 2008 where he is
General Manager and Head of Finance gaining several awards in the last few years
for innovative investments adopting ESG factors into investment decision-making.
The CFOs Role in Driving Business Performance and Delivering
Speaker: Dr. Jens Madrian, Chief Financial Officer & Chief Commercial Officer,
Reactive Technologies and former CFO, RWE Npower
Commercial Officer. Reactive is an energy tech company applying cutting-edge
telecommunications technologies to the energy sector to deliver transformational
change and to enable a lower carbon energy future. Jens has made his mark on the
company by securing equity funding and driving Reactive’s strategic, financial and
commercial development in the UK and abroad.
Real Estate Portfolio Construction | Successful Investment
and Management Strategies in Global Property
Speaker: Dr. Louise Brooke-Smith, Partner & UK Head of Town Planning and
- Managing budgets, supply chains, health and safety, time-frames and large
number of contracting parties.
- Creating the right strategy, manage and mitigate risk, to assure the outcomes
that investors expect
- Fulfilling business objectives and creating exceptional value for Investors.
- Managing the high risks relating to complex construction with multi-geography
delivery and faster paced schedules.
Head of Social Value, Arcadis LLP
|2020 EMEA Investment & Economic Forum
Current Challenges Affecting the EMEA and Global Economies
Investment Outlook 2021: The European Logistics Market
Economic growth throughout the Eurozone is picking up and foreign investors from the
US, Middle East and Asia are flocking to explore opportunities in the European logistics
market. Gain valuable investment intelligence via a time-efficient briefing on the latest
opportunities and highlight real solutions and strategies based on decades of market
Speaker: Christian Müller, Head of Strategy & Research, CBRE Global Investors
CBRE Global Investors is one of the world’s leading real asset investment managers
with $106 billion in assets under management.
Investment Management Digital Transformation (Optional Sessions) | 25th November
Digital Transformation in Investment Management Sessions:
Wednesday 25th November Key Speakers & Sessions
Director of Business
Michael De Jongh,
Dr. Khaled El Saadany
Executive Manager of
Grants & Innovation &
Prof. Klaus Haenszgen,
Faculty of Computer
Science, Mathematics &
(University of Applied
- How the return of global inflation in goods and services is affecting investors and
- The effect of governmental monetary policies in killing companies’ desire to invest.
- Brexit analysis and scenarios: UK options and prospects of the region
- Could the UK become a highly competitive tax haven threat to the EU?
Speaker: Dr. Peter Warburton, Chief Economist, Economic Perspectives
Dr. Peter Warburton has worked as an applied economist in London since 1975,
graduating from Warwick University with a Masters degree and gaining a doctorate from
City University in 1988. He has worked in the academic and financial sectors in a variety
of roles and is a frequent guest on radio and television programmes discussing the state
of the UK economy. He founded Economic Perspectives in 1996.
Successfully Implementing a Low-Risk Asset Allocation Policy
and Expansion into Alternative Credit Investments
- Strategic overview of Geroa Pentsioak Fund's portfolio structure
- Investing in hedge funds, private equity & real estate
- Liabilities & risk factors and developing a robust risk management framework
- Securing high level of growth despite volatility in local & global market conditions
Speaker: Joseba Villareal President, Geroa Pentsioak EPSV | IPE Award Winner
GEROA is a system in which workers build up their own supplementary pensions through
small joint contributions with their companies during their working lives. This way, and
thanks to the long-term returns, the rewards are significant. Awarded by Investments and
Pensions Europe in 2018 GEROA are considered pioneers and setting the standard in
Spain and Europe
EU Capital Markets & Managing the Impact of the Crisis |
Challenges, Implications and Changes in EU Supervisory
- Challenges and Implications on EU Capital Markets and Governance
- Possible new role for ESMA having more supervisory powers
- Third country regime for the EU
- Fragmentation in capital markets in the EU | Differences between Eastern and
Western Europe and Northern and Southern Europe.
- Incoming macroeconomic issues and their affect on capital markets in the EU.
- ESAs review package
Speaker: Josina Kamerling, Head of Regulatory Outreach EMEA, CFA Institute
Future Centres and Sectors of Economic Growth and Decline |
& Impacts of Financial Crisis & Instability on Investments
Speaker: Dr. Savvas Savouri, Chief Economist, Tosca Fund
Dr. Savvas Savouri is Chief Economist for Toscafund Asset Management. Previously
Dr. Savouri worked for the capital markets divisions of Lazard, Credit Lyonnais, and
Commerzbank, having started his career with ABN AMRO, in the capacity of head of
quantitative finance. He has also taught extensively at the London School of
Economics, and the University of Woolwich, as well as at Oxford and Moscow
Universities. He has authored various academic papers published in peer-reviewed
journals, including one authored alongside a recent Nobel Prize winner.
Implementing a High Growth - Low Risk Investment Strategy
Confirmed speaker: Pablo Gonzalez Martin, CFO & Board Member of Trustees -
- Finding secure but high ROI income through global real assets and alternative
- Utilising alternative investment and absolute return strategies to achieve higher
- Achieving remarkable ROI results and profitability while keeping a conservative
Unicaja Banco S.A. (Unifondo V Pension Fund) & IPE Award Winner
Unifondo V Pension Fund is an IPE 2017 Award Winner and an active, long-term
manager which invests globally in equities, private equity, fixed-income securities, real
estate and commodities.
Generating Higher Positive Assets and Yields to Meet Liabilities
- Finding secure income through real assets and alternative debt investments
- Moving away from investments from typical developed markets and government
investment bonds to alternative investment opportunities offering higher returns
Speaker: Dr. Steven Keuning, Administrator - ECB Pension Funds
Dr. Keuning is Adviser to the Executive Board of the European Central Bank, the
Administrator of the ECB Pension Funds and Chair of the Eurosystem Organisational
Development Committee (ODC). He is also Secretary of the Council Task Force, the sub-
group of the ECB Governing Council dealing with strategic Eurosystem issues
Challenges and Risks Facing the Financial Future & Banking
Stability of the EU and the Euro Zone
- Banking and macroeconomic outlook: External developments risk
- Credit outlook: What happens when the cycle turns?
- New tools but old politics? Reviewing the ESM and Banking Union
- Completing EMU: risk reduction, risk sharing or both?
Inv.Speaker: Colin Ellis, Managing Director and Chief Credit Officer of EMEA,
Moody's Investors Service*
10:30 Coffee Break | Conference Sessions Resume at 11:00
The Establishment of the Cyprus Sovereign Wealth Fund and
the Future Role of Oil and Gas Revenues
- Establishment of the Cyprus Sovereign Wealth Fund:- Overview and structure.
- Why revenues from natural resources are unique and the role they play.
- Benefit and risk analysis.
- Sovereign Wealth Fund affect on national economic policy.
- Main Features of the Cyprus SWF/ NIF and fiscal rule models to folow.
Speaker: Panayiotis Tilliros, Senior Economist, Ministry of Finance,
Government of Cyprus
15:30 Networking Coffee | Conference Sessions Resume at 16:20
09:00 | Conference Sessions
Increasing Consistency Between Organisational Leadership
Directives and Management Implementation: Implementing the
Beyond Budgeting Principles | Case Study - Statoil (Equinor)
Speaker: Bjarte Bogsnes, Vice President of Performance Development,
- How to cultivate purpose: Engage and inspire people around bold and noble
causes; not around short-term financial targets.
- Governing through shared values and sound judgement; not through detailed
rules and regulations.
- Making information open for self-regulation, innovation, learning and control.
- Cultivating a strong sense of belonging and organise around accountability.
- Trusting and empowering employees with the with freedom to act.
- Setting business rhythms, targets, forecasts, resource allocation, performance
evaluation, and rewards.
Investment Opportunities and Case Studies in Investing in
African Markets and Nations
The New Digital Cyber Landscape, Threats and Trends | Managing the
Digital Security Challenges for Financial Institutions
Speaker: Magdalena Mielcarz, Managing Director, EMEA Head of Channel &
- Identifying the cyber threat actors targeting the finance sector
- Developing strategic defences leveraging tradecraft, technology, talent and
- Case Study: Dealing with a compromised bank security situation.
- Collaboration and innovation to keep ahead of digital threats.
Enterprise Services Treasury and Trade Solutions, Citi
Implementing the Jordanian National Electronic Bill Delivery and
Payment Service “EBPPS”
- Increasing payment efficiency for clients to focus on their main line of business.
- Enhancing payment flexibility and increasing market attractiveness.
- maximising convenience of access to satisfy client needs and enhance customer
- How to enhance client brand promotion through the utilisation of the payment
Speaker: Nasser Saleh, CEO & Founder, MadfooatCom
Democratizing Blockchain Capabilities for Enterprise
- Adding productivity enhancements and consortium-oriented identity management
features to enable organisations to conduct business transactions via a
- How new DevOps capabilities make the oracle platform easier to integrate with
existing business and IT systems.
- Leveraging blockchain as an important data store in the enterprise, and enabling
Autonomous Data Warehouse customers to transparently capture blockchain
transaction history and current state data for analytics and to integrate it with
other data sources.
Speaker: Thrasos Thrasyvoulou, Development Director EMEA Blockchain
Overcoming the Challenge for the Evolution of HE Systems in the Digital
- Digital Transformation and the change of business models and work organisation
- The new competences and skills required by digitization.
- The new role of HE institutions and the issue of the training of trainers.
- The Italian case - The new role of HE institutions and the issue of the training of
Speaker: Arturo Lavalle, Director of Research & Development, Università degli
Studi Guglielmo Marconi
Challenges and Opportunities in Digitalization in Highly Complex
Smarter use of data is increasingly among the top priorities of today’s energy
companies. While the industry has access to a greater volume of data than ever
before, it faces challenges accessing its potential, mainly due to data arriving from
disparate streams, in dissimilar formats, and at varying speeds and accuracy.
Speaker: Elfride Covarrubias, Development Manager - Mediterranean, DNV GL
Financial & Banking Services Special Keynote Extended Session & Discussion
Services Sector and Expanding the Use of Data and Analytics
- Enabling banks and financial institutions to access and leverage real-time data to
create personalization for each client at the right time, and with the right message.
- Overcoming the challenge of building a strong personalized marketing platform at
scale to unleash massive commercial opportunities given that financial
institutions that deliver customers timely, relevant, and personalized messages
build lasting loyalty and significant revenue growth.
- How top-management can accelerate the creation of a strategic plan to create a
more personalized yet digital customer experience and leveraging virtual agents
to increase efficiencies at front-end customer service.
- Using face recognition technology for regulatory requirements (KYC)
- Facilitating a digital solution for end-to-end digital account opening, identification
authorization and funding.
- Enabling small business lending, where automated ‘near instant’ decisions will
become the norm for the majority of loans.
- Fostering innovation and partnership with fintech firms through Open Banking as
banks open their IT infrastructures to third-party providers.
Keeping Up With 'Accelerated' Technological Progress & Capabilities
- How the pace of automation will increase
- Why public sector organisations will follow divergent paths to automation
- Understanding how automation will be democratised through global vendor
- Why organisational leaders will back RPA, as systems integrators seek a piece of
- How Insurers can strike out for automation providing the path to AI, provided they
have the fundamentals in place and know their end-to-end processes and
Speaker: Kedar Dani, VP and Head of Strategic Accounts, UiPath
Enhancing Connections and Relationships with Customers by
Removing Payment Obstacles
- Payment flexibility as a valuable competitive advantage for merchants and
enhance customers’ e-commerce buying experience.
- How to integrate alternative payments in a quick and secure way.
- Enabling consumers globally without the need of a credit card.
- The value of offering local preferences of payment options.
Speaker: Abdulaziz Aljouf, Founder & CEO, PayTabs
Leveraging Digital Tools to Build and Consolidate Business Operations
- Marketing to the Rescue: Leverage Digital Opportunities to Mitigate Pricing
Reactions and Stabilize Prices
- Client Trends and Behaviors: Actionable Data and Insights for Organisations
- Optimizing content and user experience for a future in which half of all queries
- Taking a holistic approach to sales, digital and revenue optimization and an
overriding component of a complete revenue strategy
Speaker: Elie Milky, VP Business Development, Radisson Hotel Group
The Future of Money | How Financial Institutions, Banks & Banking
Services Can Keep Pace with Digital Disruption by FinTech Innovators
Speaker: Jack Nikogosian, CEO, ARYZE | Denmark
Jack Nikogosian is a Danish blockchain expert with a vast knowledge of the
cryptocurrency space. He has worked with major players in the Danish crypto/payments
arena. With a great insight in terms of trends within cryptocurrency, blockchain
technology, digital payments and tokenisation Jack has the unique skill of being able to
combine new technologies. ARYZE is an award winning Danish company that uses
blockchain technology to build a bridge between crypto and fiat currencies in order to
provide instant value transfers at next to zero cost.
Wednesday 25th November | 12:30 Registration Desk Open | 13:00: Conference Sessions Begin
Adapting Investment Strategy to Generate Enhanced Returns
Structuring a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme Around
Four Critical Investment Lines
GCC Investment Strategy and Execution in Real Estate,
Education and Healthcare
India is booming. Urbanization, a huge rising middle class and a free-spending
younger generation, not to mention business-friendly government reforms, have made
it one of the world's fastest-growing emerging market economies. Its economic
performance puts the world's second most populous nation in position to become "one
of the largest growth engines in the world and is attracting new investors, even those
who are traditionally conservative when it comes to the developing markets.
Speakers: His Excellency The High Commissioner - Dr. R. K. Raghavan
& Mr. Suresh Sharma, Commercial Attache
High Commission of India - Cyprus
Trade and Investment Opportunities With India
Developing Mechanisms to Boost Support for Start-Ups and
Confirmed Speaker: President Emeritus EBN, the European Business and
Innovation Centre Ireleand & former Director, WestBIC, Ireland
Joe Greaney is currently the President of EBN and Chair of the Association of EU BICs
in Ireland. Joe is a regular policy contributor at both EU and National level on many
aspects of Applied Innovation Support Services in the SME market and delivers
technical support in the Entrepreneurship and Innovation `space` outside of the EU. His
areas of expertise include Entrepreneurship, Incubation, Private Equity Start-up Capital,
Transnational Innovation Transfer, the Innovation Process in the SME market and the
relevant institutional frameworks. Formerly he was the Director of WESTBIC, the long
established EU Business Innovation Centre for Ireland's BMW Region..
Investing in Blockchain - Its Current and Future Applications
and the Importance of Screening & Due Diligence Process
Speaker: Beverly Tonna, Legal Advisor, Blockchain Advisory
- A brief overview of blockchain projects - what are they about and what do they
- Review of overall blockchain developments over the past few years
- Risks and benefits
Blockchain is the hottest jargon in the financial world and potentially the most exciting
development since the invention of the internet. According to one expert, it ‘promises
to do for finance and payments what the shipping container did for world trade’. But
what are its applications and how do you invest in it?
Investing & Developing New Growth Sectors - Building New
Health Tourism Services While Leveraging National USPs
Speaker: Prof. Konstantinos Kouskoukis, President of the Hellenic Academy of
Thermal Medicine, & President, Hellenic Health Tourism Association
healthcare services to the medical tourism sector can prove to inject new investments
and re-invigorate existing infrastructure and stabilise seasonal risk. In this sessions
Professor Konstantinos Kouskounis will present the progress of developing a new
medical tourism services sector in Greece.
|EMEA Investment & Economic Forum
Main Conference Sessions | Wednesday 25th - Friday 27th of Novemember
19:30: Forum Official Welcome Networking Dinner & Drinks Reception
Thursday 26th November | 09:00 - 17:00: Conference Sessions (13:00 - 14:00 Networking Lunch)
Forum Schedule Overview: Wednesday 25th - Friday 27th November
Friday 27th November | 09:00: Conference Sessions Begin (13:00 - 14:00 Networking Lunch)
17:00 - 18:30: Private (Themed) Round Table Discussions
16:00: Conference Sessions End, Closing Discussion & End of Forum
|25th - 27th November 2020 | Carlo IV Hotel Prague | Czech Republic